CHALLENGES AWAIT AT THE WORLD’S FIRST NERF ACTION XPERIENCE ARENA IN SINGAPORE
Kingsmen Creatives Ltd., a leading communication design and production group in Asia Pacific, the Middle East and America, recently unveiled the world’s first NAX arena in partnership with global play and entertainment company, Hasbro, Inc. The arena was jointly opened by Guest-of-Honour, Mr. Keith Tan, Chief Executive of Singapore Tourism Board, Mr. Andrew Cheng, Group Chief Executive Officer of Kingsmen, and Mr. Matt Proulx, Vice President of Global Branded Experiences of Hasbro.
This is how we play
The NAX arena targets NERF fanatics between the ages of six and sixteen. The NAX arena is also designed to promote learning through active play, using the hallmarks of Hasbro’s NERF brand, and the wide range of blasters used creatively in each of the four zones.
“We are delighted to partner with Hasbro to bring this new play concept to the market. A world’s first, the NAX arena brings a unique proposition to the market – one that integrates multiple-themed activity zones, together with first-in-the-world programmes that encourage learning, team building and family or community bonding through active play,” said Mr. Andrew Cheng, Group Chief Executive Officer of Kingsmen.
In creating the arena’s four zones, Kingsmen had a winning formula in mind: Build resilience, and improve physical and mental strength of each player. Mr. Cheng added, “These were conceptualised through collaborative efforts with leading international sports psychologists and healthy lifestyle consultants. Given the global brand awareness of NERF and its strong following, we are excited to bring a different dimension to the NERF experience, and see tremendous opportunities to make the NAX arena a global phenomenon.”
It’s NERF or nothin’!
There are a total of four zones that make up the NAX arena. Each zone - COMPETE, CONQUER, CHALLENGE and CREATE, caters to the young and young at heart. Players of all ages are encouraged to go beyond their comfort zone and test their resolve and resilience in each zone.
COMPETE is a group-based NERF battle ground, comprising of two exclusive NERF worlds – Zombie City and Camp Dune. As the star attraction of the NAX arena, the action-packed zone is all about playing in high-intensity environments under pressure.
- Zombie City outlines the search for the vaccine against the zombies, where players move quickly to survive and avoid being captured.
- Camp Dune depicts the world in 2983. With a scarcity of resources, the only place to head to is Camp Dune, where resources are abundant. Players are to gather their troops and race to Camp Dune before their competition does.
The COMPETE zone is suitable for players seven years and older.
CONQUER is a zone of extreme landscapes and harsh terrains. Thrill-seekers aged seven years and older who are looking to hone their skills and overcome their fears can take on four stimulating peaks:
- The Volcano builds the confidence of players as they navigate obstacles to run ahead of its lava.
- The Summit helps players crush doubts as they ascend to the peak, test their sense of balance, and improve their rope climbing skills.
- The Glacier offers a heart-stopping slide carved out of icy mountains.
- The Ice Cliff is about surmounting fears in harsh conditions while achieving an objective. Players get to scale up this transparent cliff as they challenge a fellow competitor on the other side.
CHALLENGE takes fun and strategy to the next level. This zone derives its shape from the inner workings of a NERF blaster. It is the perfect space for budding adventure-seekers to build their self-esteem and attain mastery in strength from the physical activity.
Designed specifically for pre-schoolers up to six years old, the zone is a fast-paced section of obstacle courses intended to expend boundless energy.
- Experience the thrill of racing at The Racetrack as one soars through the air on a zipline.
- The Pitstop is a course where speed and agility are required to cross over and under oversized hurdles.
- The Engine is a high-spirited course within a giant blaster. Players go through various roadblocks and at the final barrier, they are catapulted into a pool of giant NERF dart balls.
- Players test their strength and dexterity on The Expressway as they weave through the complex rope course.
- Parents can catch their breath on the side lines at The Refuel Bar while the little ones play.
CREATE allows artistic minds to expand their horizons as they take aim and let their individuality shine! From t-shirts to tote bags, choose an item to pin on the wall and let your imagination take flight with fabric tie-dye.
-The CREATE zone is for players six years and above.
All play zones have been jointly developed with leading international sports psychologists from the Mental Toughness Research Institute, USA to shape the development of confidence, resilience and problem-solving strategies for all players at the NAX arena. To promote active play among children, Kingsmen is also partnering with the Health Promotion Board to offer participants of HPB’s programmes such as Active Youth Recharge and Active Family, an opportunity to experience the arena.
NERF nation in action
The NAX arena is open to single players and group bookings. They are available for families, youth groups and corporate organisations keen on team building activities.
The entire arena is expected to provide hundreds of thousands of local visitors and tourists with hours of active play. The NAX arena features four rooms available for event bookings. In addition, exclusive Made-for-Singapore NERF blasters and merchandise are available at the retail section. The NAX arena is open daily from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m., with the last entry at 7:30 p.m. For ticketing and more information, please visit https://www.nerfax.com.sg/ticket-info.